- Students who have completed a BDE course prior to September 29, 2008 will be issued a BDE certificate by the driving school where they completed their course. This certificate will be a paper certificate.
- Certificates issued prior to September 29, 2008 must be presented to DriveTest at the time of the G1 exit test.
- Students who enrolled in a BDE program on or after September 29, 2008 will not be issued a paper certificate from the driving school. Students who have successfully completed all components of a BDE course will be certified on-line through the driving school by which they completed their course.
- The on-line student certification process, once a student has successfully completed a BDE course, and the driving school has completed the certification transaction, the student driver record will be updated through the ministry.
Proof of Course Completion – For Insurance Purposes
- Students wanting proof of course completion and have been processed through on-line certification transactions or a replacement of previously issued paper certificate by an approved BDE school need to obtain their Driver`s License History ( DLH ) from any Service Ontario Centre.
- The DLH search can only be requested by the driver’s licence holder, as it contains personal information.
The statement "BEGINNER DRIVER EDUCATION COURSE COMPLETED" will appear on the Driver's Licence history form.
Service Ontario offices in Kitchener - Waterloo:
- 16-105 Lexington, Waterloo, (519) 746-8332
- 30 Manitou Dr, Kitchener, (519) 893-8802
- Ontario St N, (Duke and Ontario St North, RBC building), Downtown Kitchener (519) 571-6043
MTO guidelines specify that the only person who can order this certificate is the driver’s license holder. We have paid the $15.00 fee for on line certification. The Province will charge you another $12.00 to print your Driver`s License History ( DLH ). Please make sure you have the funds available when you go there.